This is a sauce i never get tired of making. It's a modernization of the normal plain gravy sauce . It's easy to prepare and it usually leaves the whole house with a wonderful aroma every single time. What makes this particular gravy recipe unique is the combination of colored vegetables added to it giving it that wonderfully unique aroma, color and taste. Whenever i make it, i usually thicken the sauce with starch made of either wheat flour or cornstarch/cornflour.
•Chicken(1 kilo), cut into parts
•2 Yellow Scotch Bonnet pepper + 1 red, diced
•1 clove garlic, minced
•5 medium sized carrots
•2 Green Bell pepper
•1 medium bulb red Onion, diced
•2 tbsps. Curry
•Salt (to taste)
1. Set the diced vegetables aside
First, lets Make the chicken stock...<<<<<Original recipe here
1. Place the chicken pieces in a pot; add your chopped onions, minced garlic, scotch bonnet pepper, Seasoning cubes, Thyme & Curry powder.
2. Pour enough water to cover the content of the pot and start cooking.
3. About 25minutes into cooking the chicken, add the salt (Adding the salt at the beginning toughens the chicken thereby increasing the cooking period)
4. The whole process usually takes about 30minutes on medium heat with a normal cooking pot to cook my chicken the way I like it. Just make sure you keep an eye on it so that it does not get too soft.
5. When the chicken is done, remove the cooked chicken in a separate bowl leaving the stock
6. In a separate bowl, add a little water into your wheat flour or cornstarch/cornflour and stir quickly making sure it doesn't form clumps. its ready when it is of dropping consistency (like melted ice cream)
7. On low heat, add the starch gradually to the chicken stock, while continually stirring to ensure it mixes properly and does not clump.
8. Leave it for about 3mins till it thickens a little.
9. Add your chopped vegetables and chicken then cover and leave to boil for another 5mins
10. Remove from the burner and serve with Boiled rice or spaghetti
Related post:::• Beef and potato soup
♥♥♥ Stay Updated with more Recipes and Tutorials by following via the links below♥♥♥