In a previous post, I taught you how to bake without an oven. Today, I’d be giving you the recipe for the Chocolate raisin cupcakes I made with a pot. Pot baking involves the use of dry heat in baking. The baking process doesn't burn the pot infact , it comes out clean. You just have to be cautious when handling the pot as it could get extremely hot.
• Prep time: 45 minutes
• Baking time: 35 minutes
• Total time: 1 hr 12 minutes
• Meal Type: Dessert
• 250g Butter/margarine
• 250g Granulated Sugar
• 4 Eggs, Beaten
• 3tbsps Browning
• 2tbsps Flavor
• Queen cake Baking cups
• ½Kilo Wheat Flour
• 2tbsp Cocoa Powder
•1tbsp Baking powder
• 2tbsps Dark treacle
•1tbsp Milk essence or 175ml milk
1. Soak the raisins in Rum 5-6hours before baking. For me, I simply soak mine overnight. This serves as a preservative for the raisins and cake in general
2. In a large bowl, beat the Butter till soft and gradually work in the sugar with a wooden spatula or mixer. Beat till the mixture becomes pale and fluffy
3. Gradually pour in the beaten eggs and mix together
4. Blend in the cocoa powder, milk/essence, Dark treacle, flavor, browning, raisins & rum, baking powder and mix.
5. Now this is the tricky part…Fold in flour gradually and mix in a direction (either clockwise or anticlockwise if using a wooden spatula) so it doesn't form lumps. Mix till you get a smooth paste.
Now to prepare the tins for baking
6. For this recipe, I used baking sheets. If you don’t want to use those, you can simply grease the baking tins with a little margarine and dust with flour. This would make the cakes come out clean once done.
7. Spoon the mixture into the prepared tins and place the tins in the oven or on the surface of the overturned pan in the empty pot.
8. Bake in a pre-heated pot or oven at 180ᵒC (350ᵒF) mark 8 for about 35mins. Leave to cool in the tins before turning out.
The recipe above makes about 15-20 medium sized cupcakes
For the Frosting
• Mix butter and icing sugar together and beat well . Add some flavor and mix.
Use it to cover each cake.
• Oh! and i sprinkled 'em with colored sugar candies
Bon Appetit! ;)