Okaaayyy!!!! So I almost let out a big “Holy CRRAAAPPP!!!!!!” when I walked into this new, almost deserted fast food restaurant for a chicken burger only to be told they sell for N2100 (about $13)…..like what??? You could get a “whole” chicken in the market for about N800. Plus, burgers in other popular fast food restaurants like the good old TFC, Mr Biggs and Sweet sensations go for about 250-350naira. It got me wondering if the tiny piece of chicken was imported from Yakoslovaklia or probably reared in Obasanjo’s ota farm. Didn’t they do a market survey or something?!. My face lost all expression as i left that place feeling robbed...….Total rip off I tell you…..total rip off. In order to satisfy my hunger for comfort food the following day
(And also to recreate a better recipe), I walked straight to the market to get ingredients for this wonderful Chicken recipe and When I was done, It scattered a lot of people's brains including mine “In a good way J ”. This is a simple sandwich idea for kids and adults. Hmmm! I shoulda named it dobby’s Brain "burster" Chicken sandwich ;) …..hope you like!
• Serves: 5
• Prep time: 15 minutes
• Total time: 15 minutes
• 5 Round breads
• ½ Cabbage
1. Wash and chop the cabbage into long slices; Set aside
2. Wash the lettuce and Set aside for the water to drain
3. Slice open the round breads
4. Spread a tablespoon of mayonnaise on both sides of the open bread
5. Place Some of the chopped cabbage, lettuce (1 on each half of the bread), 1 Crispy fried chicken, Hot Sauce and Cucumber accordingly on the bread.
6. Sandwich together with the other half of the bread
7. Do this for the remaining round breads