Now once you try this out, I’d have you coming back for more. This is an easy chicken recipe I’ve perfected over time for the perfect execution in your kitchen. There’s nothing as homely as the aroma of Crispy fried chicken in the morning. For today’s recipe, I’d be using a Special type of broiler chicken from “Dennys free range Farm”. They rear one of the best chickens I’ve ever tasted for the Best chicken recipes. Tried it out during the preparation of my Christmas fried chicken with chicken stock and I got hooked :D.
• Serves: 6
• Serves: 6
•1 cooking spoon Hot Sauce
•1 cup wheat Flour•2 Plastic Sample bags
• Soya oil or Vegetable oil
• 1 cube Seasoning
•1 tsp. each of Herbs like Thyme & Curry
• 1 tsp. Salt
First Step: Marinating the chicken
- Wash the chicken breasts thoroughly with clean water
-Slice the chicken breasts into strips of about 10 and place them in the re-sealable plastic bag
- Add the Salt, Hot Sauce, Seasoning and Herbs into the plastic bag with chicken stripes.
- Seal and mix to combine all the ingredients. (The water in the bag is from the washed chicken. It actually aids in the absorption process). Once combined, place in the refrigerator or counter top and let it sit for about two hours. By the time it is brought out, the chicken must have absorbed most of the liquid.
Second step: Coating the chicken
-In the second re-sealable bag, pour in the wheat flour and add salt
-Drop each chicken strip into the plastic bag of flour and shake till it coats every part of the chicken.
Third Step: Frying
- For this recipe, I usually use Soya oil for frying. This is because it’s healthy and it gives the chicken a distinct taste & flavor. Now to begin….
-Heat the Soya oil in a frying pan till it gets really hot
-Gently drop each coated chicken into the hot oil and leave to fry on both sides till it turns golden brown
-Remove from the oil and leave to drain on a paper towel
-Serve as a form of garnish with coconut rice, jollof rice or simply as a filling for homemade sandwich